So ugly they’re cute!! Cant commence to let you know how frequently I have heard that since getting our French Bulldog, named Indica. And its true, appears to be a pig, snorts like one too! Once when walking her outside I had somewhat girls point and say to her daddy “look, a piggy on a leash”. Tho that your father replied “no silly, that’s … dog…I think”.
Suffice to convey many experts have very rewarding experience in buying a French Bulldog, but do understand that they’re a bit of a special breed.
* She snores louder then me!! Ask my lady, which is no small feat.
* She farts stinkier then me. Thankfully not louder so I can always blame her.
* When she eats it sounds like someone is vacuuming up wet noodles
* When she throws up (in many cases) it sounds like grandfather clearing his throat.
* Allergies, allergies, allergies…scratching, scratching, scratching! Pet food allergies, grass allergies, air allergies, etc…
* Doesn’t tune in to commands. Understands perfectly well, just doesn’t listen. A real tete de bois!
What a lovable, hysterical, sweet, ridiculous, comical, amusing, peculiar, special type of breed.
She is extremely good with our 12 months old baby. She love everybody and everything. Cant imagine having everything else.
But understand before you consider buying one there are several items to be aware of:
Cost – when you get them and coping with the inevitable medical bills. Normally we are very big rescue and adopt sort of family, but this kind of dog may be overbread in some places which may increase medical issues. It is my opinion if you need to do want one, you discover a reputable breeder. The one we sued also fosters rescued mutts so that it made us feel a little less guilty about ‘buying’ a puppy.
Not a guard dog – unless the person may be licked to death.
Not a sports dog – as a result of how their faces and noses are formed, they do not breath well (hence the snoring along with other noises). A lot of attention should be paid during exercise your new puppy specifically in hot weather. It can kill them quickly.
I hope these statements have given that you simply better comprehension of how it’s like to own a french bulldog. Don’t forget, rescued dogs might be just and fun. And no matter what please spay or neuter your puppy and/or cat. Specifically regarding French Bulldogs, the birth can eliminate the mother and the puppies. That why mostly all French Bulldog births are c-section, which can be still a risk for that mother.