If you have small dogs, then you know that having professional small dog grooming services can be expensive. But before you freak out and spend all your savings, there are some small dog grooming salon ideas that you can try. Before you do, though, make sure that you know what these salon services actually offer and if they are affordable or not. In other words, you need to know the difference between good and bad. Here are the top five small dog grooming salon ideas that you might want to consider:
Most of the time, a small dog grooming salon is going to offer services such as nail clipping, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, shampooing, and bathing. These services are usually included in the cost of your regular appointment. However, if you don’t want to have these services done at home, then you may opt to have them done at the salon instead. Either way, here are the other things you need to know about having your pets groomed at home or in a professional dog grooming salon:
– Ask the salon about the qualifications of their pet groomers. You can ask by inquiring from the salon manager or owner, but make sure to tell them exactly what type of pet grooming you want. Do not let them guess. – Know how long the salon has been in business. This will give you an idea of their credibility and the level of service that you can expect for your pet. – Ask for the grooming ideas so that you can compare them with the other salons.
– Check the reputation of the small dog grooming businesses near you. Check with the Chamber of Commerce and local phone directories. – Ask for the dog grooming services listed in your area. – Check out the reviews left by previous clients. – Ask your vet to recommend a good small dog grooming salon.
– There are small dog grooming salons that offer packages for dog grooming services. You might want to consider one of these because it will save you some money on grooming your dog alone. Plus, a lot of these salons have the same services for dogs as they do for people. Dog shampoo, dog bath, and brushing, among other things, are included in the package. Of course, you will have to pay extra for these services.
– Ask the salon about the dog grooming tools that they have. Make sure to choose one that is gentle on your dog’s skin and that will last a long time. Some tools are only meant to be used for a short period of time because they are not strong enough to help a dog that gets bored easily. Other grooming tools may even hurt your dog and cause more pain than they are supposed to.
– The salon should also have a good variety of towels, brushes, and combs. There are electric combs that allow you to get closer to your dog without touching him. There are also soft and firm brushes for your small dog. Dog shampoo brushes come in a variety of sizes so make sure to ask if they have the right size combs for your dog.
If you want to find a small dog grooming salon in your area, the internet is your best bet. Look for a list of your local area’s options online and then call each one to find out what their prices are. You can compare prices, services, and quality between each one. You may also find coupons online that can save you some money. With the high prices of small dog supplies these days, saving a few dollars is definitely worth the effort.