The increase in demand of people that want this breed has seen many unscrupulous dealers show up who buy French bulldogs just to breed them. Such people who only look at the Frenchies as cash milling animals don’t take on any note with the responsibility breeding a French bulldog requires. French bulldogs can be a special breed of dog whether as companions or show dogs. These dogs requires special attention when breeding, in the gestation period and after they have given birth.
A responsible breeder knows the following about French bulldogs and will take each factor into mind before proceeding to breed the deciding if the female will be the right candidate to get bred:
– Frenchies need to get screened for several presence of numerous genes that handles some with the health conditions noticed in this breed. One such disease that is screened for may be the Von-Willebrand’s disease that will cause defective clotting of blood within the affected dog predisposing it to massive bleeding even from small injuries, haematomas and making the Frenchie a bad risk candidate for any type of surgery.
– Frenchies mustn’t be bred about the first heat; as soon as the first heat is long gone the female can be bred on the consecutive heats that can come. French bulldog over a few years will never be bred nevertheless there is a bad risk that complications may arise and also the dog may not carry having a baby to term.
– If you have only the female, you need to source to get a stud from elsewhere. This means that you must look for any good candidate that’s suitable for your dog. There are costs involved with finding the correct stud, and achieving your female bred. This process will require a serious amounts of identification of your good stud ought to be done before the female is on heat to be able to make the proper arrangements.
– Though there’s no assurance that this female can get pregnant, you are able to raise the probability of successful mating by servicing your female inside correct time. You can ask a good breeder to recommend local plumber or maybe your vet. A rough estimate can however be made as by counting purchasing when your female starts to bleed (spotting), this period is can last about 9 days and is also usually generally known as pro estrus meaning the female is definitely preparing to come on heat. After the 9 days have passed then the female is fully in estrus, the eleventh day is the place the ova are let go in the ovary and is also usually the best time to breed. This is day 11 from when the dog starts spotting and also the dog is most fertile from this time till day 13.
– French bulldogs ought to obtain a c-section to offer the puppies. This will amount to a substantial sum of money and you have to be sure that you’ll be able to afford to buy the services of your vet.
Besides breeding you will have to take care from the puppies till you are able to sell them.