English bulldogs are good to get as pets. They are not difficult to handle as they are playful and fun to get around. However, even though English bulldogs are great companions, we might be challenged using stubbornness. We must properly understand these kinds of breeds so that we are able to enjoy them as owners. There are proper steps for English bulldog training you could follow to effectively teach your canine friend of his manners.
Below include the proper steps for English bulldog training:
1. Learn and understand their breed. You need to know that English bulldogs often be stubborn. It is of their nature to be extremely adamant. At some point, in case you call their name, they’ll ignore you after many times of calling them. It will usually happen when they attempt to enjoy you and you also didn’t grant their wish. If you like being a successful owner of these kinds of dog, you have to know how to handle their stubbornness. First, accept them for who they may be. This is their nature and it is what they’re going to be. Just guide them the way to see you since the boss.
2. Motivate them. You can do this by giving those treats each time they actually do a good deed. Try not to utilize same treat repeatedly. Change brands as soon as the other is completed. That way, they won’t get bored with the taste. You can cut the treats into pieces to ensure you are able to prevent your dog from being overweight.
3. If you do not want to give an excessive amount of treat in your dog, you can just utilize the clicker. It is a good alternative for treats if you want to get the attention of the dog. Just press the clicker many times after your puppy obeys you. That’ll be like his reward to the good behavior that they did.
4. Choose the right words to command them. Only make use of the simple words like “Up” “Sit” “Eat” “Stop” among others. If you use these words frequently, your new puppy will then understand what you are hoping to imply.
5. Be consistent with your training. Use the words that you chose every time you desire that same deed or for that same command. You can train your canine every day, but only for some minutes. Make the training being a hobby rather than work for your dog.
6. Have fun while training. Remember that your dog is a very playful type. He just would like to play with everyone day. Spend time with him and rehearse those bonding time for his training.
7. Be patient with your pet. Just because they’re stubborn does not mean you ought to get fed up with them. They are your pets and you also need to pet them. If you train them well, they could be more behaved and submissive following the training.
These proper steps for English bulldog training is possible by anyone who wants to possess the said form of dog. now you’ll be able to search so that you can adopt and take home with you.